New Years Predictions
I want to hear everyone's predictions for 2006. You can do as many as you like (I will do ten) about whatever you want. You can even steal some of mine. This is a very informal tag. You can post on your blog or just do it in the comments on this post. If you read this and you're not tagged, please feel free to comment. Also please do not feel obligated to participate or pass this on to other people.
So without further delay, here are my predictions for 2006:
1. Samuel Alito will be confirmed by the Senate. The Republicans will not have to resort to the "nuclear option."
2. Bush will have another Supreme Court vacancy to fill this year.
2A. Bush will appoint another white male.
3. The Dow will hit 12,000 despite energy prices continuing to rise and the trade deficit with China getting wider.
4. Congress will not reach a deal on the Patriot Act and end up extending it "as is" to the end of 2006 creating a colossal campaign issue for the 2006 midterm elections
5. The Repulicans will pick up five seats in the House and two more seats in the Senate.
6. U.S. Troop levels in Iraq will be below 95,000 in time for the midterm elections in November.
7. Bush will revisit Social Security reform with a renewed campaign blitz this summer putting the debate on the table for the midterm elections.
8. Another natural disaster will occur that rivals the tsunami and Katrina in media coverage and government recovery effort.
9. The New York Mets will win the World Series.
10. Senator Rick Santorum will overcome his double digit deficit in the polls and beat Bob Casey to keep his Senate seat.
For this I am going to tag blogawakening, alisa, bill, Fitch, bookworm, Simple American, and ORF. And yes, y'all can bet I'll be digging this out one year from now to see who was right more often than not.