Thursday, July 13, 2006

Closed for Business

Folks, it's been a heck of a ride, but I'm shutting down The Deep Freeze. I only have so many hours in the day and I have so many things I want and need to do. I started this blog right after the 2004 election. I was really wrapped up in politics at the time and it was all that interested me. Since then I've gone sour. I've become disinterested. I think the turning point was Katrina. No, I wasn't one of those shaking my fist at George Bush for not personally being down there handing out water bottles the morning after. My outrage came about a few days later when President Bush promised $200 billion in recovery money, or enough to write every person in the state of Louisianna a check for $500,000. It was at that point I realized the modern conservative movement has been hijacked by feel good republicans that are hawks on defense but big budget spenders.

So I lost interest in politics and thus I lost interest in this blog. I'm informing you now because it isn't fair to those of you who spend 30 seconds of your life every couple days to check in here. If I ever choose to start up again, which may happen come 2008, I know where to find you all. And don't be surprised if you see me drop in to offer a comment or two here and there.

While I'm giving up this blog, I'm not giving up writing. I've just found a new topic to write about that I have always been interested in. I've started up a college football blog dedicated to Penn State Football. If you wish to check it out and start getting plugged into the college football blogosphere, please go to Hail to the Lion. Who knows. Maybe if I get enough recognition I can get that freelance writing gig Alisa always said I should pursue.

And with that, folks, you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Farewell and good luck to you all.